شب هاي پرستاره


Monday, June 14, 2004

● Since I joined Orkut and I spend plenty of time walking around visiting people and I realized they are the same every time I stop by I decided to write in my Weblog again (I don't think it has to do anything with anything)! Since I don't have Farsi fonts in my office I write in English! I'm not a big writer anyway, neither in Farsi nor in English, so please bare with me and let's see what happens.
I actually like it when people write a report of what is going on, so this's how I'll start.
I am teachin a calculus II class for the summer and I realized that this subject is extreeeemly boring! No wonder I got a 5/20 on it or somewhere along those lines. I have about 20 students in 2 categories, very good and very bad. Most of them are good or will be because of their great teacher. I do everything for the class i.e. teach and TA and grade and I get paid horrible! For the whole semseter of teaching ( about 7 weeks) I get 2600$.

I live in Hoboken in NJ which is a very very nice town, kind of small, about a square mile. There is one main street called Washington street which is full of bars and restaurants.Chinese, Japanese, Malasian, Thai, Italian( plenty), Mexican, middle eastern... and full of bars. With very hot bartenders!
I go to Stevens and I'm doing my PhD in Group Theory and Formal Languages.
Stevens is a very old school which was the Army's center for making war ships. For this reason there used to be a Castle here with a canyon to shoot British ships. The Castle is long gone, having a Stevens administrative building replacing it. But the Castle Doorway is still here!



There is a river seperating New Jersey from Manhattan which is called Hudson. New Jersey is the Industry state of the East Coast, For this reason some people call it the third world state. It's polluted, I guess people are workers more and obsessed with Manhattan! So every Saturday night grils from New Jersey jump on the train and go to Manhattan bars to find a Wall street rich nicelooking NewYorker to marry them. They are laud with a lot of make up on and you'll know they are Jersey girls by the time you see them! EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT.
It somehow reminds me of Tehran and the people from little towns around! :))

I'll talk about other parts of my life later! I have to meet my advisor tomorrw and I need to study....
This is the saddest part of my life by the way! ;-)






........................................................................................

Comments:
Great Article wadi al arbeieen resort
 
Post a Comment

Home